EXPLORATION SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATE program
About the certificate program
The supervisor is arguably the most important person in a drilling operation and the knowledge, skills, experience and attitude of the supervisor directly impact every aspect of the operation but particularly health and safety performance.
Supervisor training programs are normally focused only on supervisory skills and so this certificate has been developed specifically to deepen the supervisor’s technical and legal knowledge, skills and understanding so that he / she can more effectively manage safety and productivity aspects of an operational drill site.
Who should register?
The Exploration Supervisor Certificate is aimed at practicing drill site supervisors, foremen and drillers who have been identified as potential supervisors. The course is suitable also for area or contract managers who wish to improve their levels of knowledge and skill. This course is suitable not only for supervisors involved in exploration drilling but also for persons involved in blasthole and other drilling applications.
- Drilling Fundamentals
- Introduction to Drilling Methods
- Common Drilling Calculations
- The Use of Drilling Fluids in Exploration Drilling
- Fundamentals of Borehole Surveying
- Economic Aspects of Exploration Drilling
- Fundamentals of Risk Assessment
- Fundamentals of Hazard Identification
- Dual-tube Reverse Circulation Drilling Techniques
- Diamond Core Drilling Methods
Before you register...
Consider these important points before you register:
- This certificate program requires that candidates conduct hazard identification and risk assessments as well as apply the principles learned to an active drilling operation, therefore candidates must have experience on and access to an active drilling operation.
- The Common Drilling Calculations and The Use of Drilling Fluids in Exploration Drilling courses require that the candidate has a good understanding of physical concepts and the ability to calculate areas and volumes of regular bodies.
Although our online learning programs allow candidates to work at their own pace, it is important that candidates maintain a good work rate and so time limits are set within which courses must be completed. Generally 3 - 4 weeks are allowed per course and so this certificate should be completed within 10 - 11 months. A timetable of course completion dates will be made available to the candidate on registration.
The cost of this certificate program is R 14 600,00 per person, excluding VAT.
Please refer to the schedule for the monthly intake dates. Should you wish to register for this certificate program, please complete the registration form below.