DIRECTIONAL DRILLER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
About this certificate program
Directional drilling is beginning to play an increasingly important role in the exploration drilling industry and so this certificate program has been designed to provide candidates with the necessary technical background to allow them to correctly plan a directional borehole and correctly select the most appropriate equipment to drill the borehole. The program is based on the Exploration Supervisor Certificate with the addition of three further directional drilling specific courses.
Who should register?
This certificate program is designed for geologists, supervisors and engineers, supervisors and senior drillers who need to improve their level of understanding of directional drilling concepts so that they can accurately plan and execute a directional drilling operation.
This certificate program is made up of twelve courses:
- Drilling Fundamentals
- Introduction to Drilling Methods
- Common Drilling Calculations
- The Use of Drilling Fluids in Exploration Drilling
- Fundamentals of Borehole Surveying
- Economic Aspects of Exploration Drilling
- Fundamentals of Risk Assessment
- Fundamentals of Hazard Identification
- Drilling Engineering
- Fundamentals of Directional Drilling
- Directional Drilling Equipment
- Planning a Directional Borehole
Before you register...
- This certificate program is designed to prepare candidates to conduct a full and thorough inspection of a drill rig and ancillary drilling equipment. This program is therefore only offered as an "assessed' option.
- Course assessments require that candidates have a good level of experience and have access to a production or exploration drilling operation. Candidates who do not have access to an active drilling operation should not register for this program.
- This certificate program involves some relatively complex trigonometry and geometry and so it is essential that candidates have a good grasp of these concepts and an above average mathematical ability.
Although our online learning programs allow candidates to work at their own pace, it is important that candidates maintain a good work rate and so time limits are set within which courses must be completed. Generally 3 - 4 weeks are allowed per course and so this certificate should be completed within 11 to 12 months. A timetable of course completion dates will be made available to the candidate on registration.
The cost of this Certificate Program is R 17 600,00 per person, excluding VAT.
Please refer to the schedule for the monthly intake dates. Should you wish to register for this certificate program, please complete the registration form below.